Okay. I have been trying to potty train Devin off and on since he was 2, he will be 4 in December. I heard boys are stubborn when it comes to potty training, but dang it! He went from about noon Friday to Saturday evening with no accidents. So we took him to watch the movie Wall-E as a reward. He did great with the ride over there and back Saturday, no accidents the entire time. Since Saturday night it has been nothing but accidents, except when we get into the car and go somewhere. While we are out and about he goes to the potty and doesn't wet his pants. As soon as we get home, here come the accidents. I am at my wits end. He has a good stockpile of undies and has gone through all of them in between Saturday night and now. I refuse to buy any more pullups and he refuses to potty. Now what?!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
All I can say is be consistant, and be as positive as you can. It is a control thing for kids. Sounds like rewarding him works great...make a sticker chart, and hang the reward up so he can remember everytime he goes potty and puts a sicker up what he is working for. Nothing big, can be things useful like a pair of underwear with his favorite character on it or a new electric toothbrush...maybe an evening of fishing with Daddy after work (that is Wil's favorite) Special mommy or Daddy time is free and is like Gold to most little kids.
Post a Comment